Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jacob's 4 month checkup

So Nate took Jacob to the Dr. today for his 4 month Well Checkup. Our pediatrician is so wonderful that he was booked solid till October, so they went to see a nurse practitioner. They weighed him and measured how long he is and it turns out that we have a small baby. I would think that he would have gained a lot of weight and grown a few inches in the past month because we feed him 5 ounces of formula every 3 hours. But no, he weighs 13 pounds and is 23 3/4 inches long. Not a big difference from when he was 2 months. So we have to feed him more now in order to plump him up. We are feeding him 4 ounces every 2 hours. Hopefully this works. Jacob also got his 4 month shots and Nate told me Jacob screamed bloody murder. I was very upset that I couldn't go to the appointment but nate did a wonderful job asking all the right questions. I hope Jacob gains some weight and grows in the next two months. I know I shouldnt worry but as a mother I am very worried and blame this on myself even though its not my fault. I am not sure why Jacob is so small but I hope he grows and doesnt remain small. Any advice would be great. Other than all of that Jacob is a very healthy 4 month old. He is right where he should be developmentally which is wonderful. I think he is going to start sitting up unassisted soon.
We are going to Chicago for one of Nate's cousins wedding and Nate's immediate and extended family will finally be able to meet Jacob. We are looking forward to it and will post pics when we get back.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, my nephew was INCREDIBLY small - so much so the drs. ran a bunch of tests and didn't find anything. Now at 5 years old - he is tall and thin... but totally thriving. No worries.

    ReplyDelete