Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Call me Mr. Mom

Well, I finally got my alone time with my boy. I took off this week to watch Jacob while Erin went back to school for the last week of work. On Monday, Jacob was perfect. Erin left around 7:15 a.m. and we played until about 9 when I fed him. He immediately fell asleep and was out until 12:30 when his growling tummy woke him up. I fed him again and he slept until I took him to Erin's school so she could nurse. It was the perfect day.

The next day -- not so much. He was a lot fussier. He was changed and fed and still crying. It took some time to realize that he was just tired and probably couldn't find a comfortable position. I picked him up, put him over my shoulder and patted his back -- a technique Erin told me he liked. He passed out like a kid on his 21st birthday. The rest of the day went smoothly.

I'm glad I got to be with Jacob this week. It's been a great bonding experience and it made me feel more responsible for the care of our son. I've learned how much he loves his pacifier (we call it a passy) and his swing. You combine those two and he's in Heaven. I also have mastered changing his diaper, dressing him and pushing the stroller with one hand while controlling Dolly with the other. That's no easy task if you know how great our dog walks on a leash.

Dolly will be happy, though, when Erin is back home during the day so I'll give her more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment