Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yummy Solids

We are trying actual baby food now. I can't believe it, but he is ready and I think he enjoys it. I am going to try to make my own baby food, but so far I have given him store-bought food. I will make the apples, bananas, avocado, etc. -- the easy stuff. We started him on sweet potatoes. He liked it, but didn't love it. He eats about a tablespoon a night so far. He will eat more as he gets older. Nate is also feeding him rice cereal in the morning. I think the sweet potatoes were a success.

Rice Cereal Face


Sweet Potato Face


Then we tried pears tonight for the first time in his new high chair that we got yesterday. He LOVED the pears. He especially loved the pears when I played airplane with him. He thinks it's hilarious.


Pear Face



I also bought him a new toy. Now that he is semi-sitting up by himself and always hitting things in front of him, I bought him this light-up piano thing that whenever he hits the keys a song plays and lights up. He loves this toy and encourages him to sit up longer. It also keeps him entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment