Monday, June 27, 2011

No Muffin Tin Monday due to Potty Training!! :

We will do a great Muffin Tin Monday next week to make up for today. We will be doing Muffin Tin Monday next week with the one and only Bri. Of course it will be 4th of July Themed!

Jacob has been showing many signs that he is ready to be potty trained. I wanted to put it off as long as I could because I was not sure how to potty train and because the daycare Jacob will be starting in August will potty train for us. Well, I decided just to go ahead and do it now instead. I am so glad that I did this. Jacob sure is ready! I received an E-Book from a friend a while back talking about potty training in 3 days. I thought this was amazing and decided to read up on it and give it a try. Well today was day 1. Jacob woke up and we watched Yo Gabba Gabba in bed for a bit and then went to eat breakfast. After breakfast we went to his room and he threw all of his diapers away. Even the ones in the diaper bag. He chose his pair of underwear. He was able to choose from Yo Gabba Gabba, Mickey Mouse, or Thomas the Train. He chose Thomas the train. What the 3 day potty training is, is that he should be fully trained in 3 days but its very frustrating and difficult. There are no diapers or pull ups involved. We are stuck inside for 3 days and can't go anywhere. I have to be very close to him all day every day. If he starts to have an accident, I have to pick him up immediately and rush him to his potty. I have to catch him in the act. Well after the first 3 accidents and no peepee in the potty at all, i was getting very frustrated and about to lose hope and put a diaper back on him. Then after a few minutes from his last accident, he was showing signs that he had to go. I ran him into the bathroom and he sat down and he went. I was so happy for him. We did the potty dance and i gave him an M&M and sticker and he helped me flush. He was so happy for himself. After that, he was pretty much good to go. He had a few accidents here and there trying to make it to the potty but he def. knows when he has the urge to go. All in all, we had 6 accidents today and he peed in the potty 10 times. He is so happy for himself and he knows when he has to go. He says "mama peepee" and runs to the bathroom and does his business! He even woke up from his nap dry. Again, no diapers or pull ups at night or nap. If tomorrow and Wednesday go as good or even better as today, then I am certain that he will be fully trained in 3 days!! YAY!



Before we threw all the diapers away!


Jacob in his Yo Gabba Gabba Big Boy underwear

Jacob in his Thomas the Train Big Boy Underwear

1 comment: